Nowadays, there are many types of internet viruses, malware, Trojans, and spywares which can affect the security and performance of your system or computer. McAfee is one of the best Antiviruses that can protect your device from such detrimental viruses. McAfee was established in 1987 named after its founder John David McAfee, who took off from the company in 1994. Later, the McAfee was purchased by Intel in February 2011 and has turned out to be a part of the Intel Security. If you want to set up the best security products of McAfee on your computer, laptop or mobile, you need to visit www.mcafee.com/activate.
McAfee Antivirus System Requirements for Windows and Mac
The information as mentioned below tells you about the least requirements required for the installation of the McAfee Security on Windows:
- Windows 7, Service Pack 1 (32-bit & 64-bit) + mandatory patches
- Windows 8.1 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 8 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 10 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Pentium compatible processors with SSE2 support
- Available hard drive space: 500MB.
- High-speed Internet connectivity is required which is highly recommended.
If you are not sure about your system specifications, you need to follow the steps below:
- Firstly, open your browser and download the Pre-Install tool and download McAfee Pre-Install tool.exe.
- Then you will need to double-click the Pre-Install_Tool.exe file and follow a few on-screen instructions.
- Here, you need to go through the warning message and tap on the OK button to agree to the changes.
After the Preinstall Tool finishes
- Tap the OK button.
- Tap the Close button.
- Then you just need to restart your computer.
For Older Windows Versions
Note: Windows XP or Vista is no longer being supported by Microsoft. This could put your computer system in danger and at risk from new threats. It is strongly recommended by McAfee that one must upgrade their computer’s operating system to the latest version. And then download the newer version of McAfee Antivirus.
The information as mentioned below is going to tell you about the least requirements required for the installation of the McAfee Security on MAC OS based computer:
- Apple MacOS 10.13 (High Sierra)
- Apple MacOS 10.12 (Sierra)
- Mac OS X 10.11, Mac OS X 10.10.
- Apple Computers with Intel® Processor
- Available hard drive space: 300MB
- High-speed Internet connectivity is required.
If you are unsure about any of the information, then our certified technicians are going to guide you throughout installation and setup, install and activate McAfee Antivirus on your device at www.mcafee.com/activate.
Note: Before you start installing McAfee on your device you first have to make sure that you uninstall the older McAfee antivirus product installed on your PC, Laptop or any other device.
How to Download McAfee Antivirus
- Visit mcafee.com/activate from your browser and head to My Account.
- Then you have to log in with your McAfee account. Type your Email address and password to do so. And then tap the Login button.
Note: If you don’t have a McAfee account, you can then create a new account by tapping the “Sign in” button. Also, you’ll need to register if you are not registered.
- After that, click on the ‘Download your purchased McAfee antivirus product’ option.
- And then you will need to click on the “Agree to Continue” button after going through the entire license agreements.
- Now the process is going to take some time for your product to complete the download.
How to Install McAfee Antivirus
- First of all, you need to tap on the default Download folder of your PC.
- After that, double-tap on the downloaded McAfee product (file).
- Doing so will automatically install McAfee on your PC.
How to Activate McAfee Antivirus
- Here, you need to launch the McAfee product you have installed. And register it.
- Then enter your 25 digit Activation Key. And click “Next.”
- Now, you have to enter your contact information, and your email address and password.
- Once you complete the process as mentioned above, your McAfee will be set up on your device. Purchase the best security products of McAfee Antivirus from mcafee.com/activate.