Firewall is a network security system which protects the PC from the distrusted external network. Below are the steps to learn to turn off the firewall in PC. A user should remember that by doing so, they put the PC at maximum exposure to risk.
Method 1. Windows 7 to 10
- Launch the Start menu. Press the Windows logo at the below-left corner on the screen. Users can also click the Window key on their PC for the same.
- Type firewall into Start. When Start is launched by the cursor in the search bar by default, It will search the whole computer for the firewall software.
- Press the Windows Firewall. It looks like a brick wall with a globe behind it; the user can look for this option at the top of the Start menu’s search window.
- Press Turn Windows Firewall on or off. The user can find this URL on the left side of the page.
- Search the “Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended)” option. The user can do for both the “Private” and the “Public” network setting categories.
- First, a user has to approve that he or she wishes to perform this action by clicking OK or Yes on a pop-up window.
- Click OK. The user can find it below the page, and by clicking on it, it will disable the PC firewall.
Method 2. Windows Vista
- Launch the Start menu. Just either press the Window logo at the below-left corner of the screen or hit the Window key.
- Press Control panel. The user will look an option at the right side of the Start window, though a user might require to first press All Programs.
- Press Security. This option looks like a multi coloured shield; the user can find it on the left side of the window.
- Press the Windows Firewall. The user can find it at the top-left corner of the page.
- Press the “Turn Windows Firewall on or off” link. The user can find this option at the top left corner of the page.
- Press the “Off (not recommended)” box. The user can find it below the page.
Press OK. A user’s Windows Vista computer’s firewall will get disabled.