Mac owners can easily create a video recording of either their full screens or just a chosen segment of it. To record screens, they just have to use the Command – Shift – 5 keyboard shortcut. At times, users may face issues while trying to record screen recordings. If you are unable to save your screen recording or create them all together, then try the fixes mentioned in this blog.
Ways to Solve Screen Recording Issue on Mac
Solution 1: Setting the Microphone to None
- Capture your Mac screen by hitting the Shift + Cmd + 5 keys.
- Now, go to Options.
- Select Microsoft from the list.
- Click on the None option.
Solution 2: Change the Setting for Automatically Stopping Screen Recording
You might have set a time limit for capturing or recording video. Check whether there is any time limit for capturing or recording screens. If there is any such condition, then disable it.
- Reboot the Mac
- Click on the Apple logo.
- Select the Restart option.
Or else, hold down the Power button and release after the device shuts down completely. After a couple of seconds, press the Power button to reboot the Mac.
Solution 3: Update the Software
- Click on the Apple logo
- Select System Preference from the list of options.
- Check whether any update is available.
- Update the software.
Solution 4: Create Screen Recordings with QuickTime Player
- Open the QuickTime Player app on your computer.
- Select File.
- From the pull-down menu, choose New Screen Recording.
- Now, hit the Options tab, and you will get a couple of recording options:
- Microphone: Click on None if you do not want any sound in the recording, or else click on the microphone.
- Options: Click on “Show Mouse Click in Recording” if you want the clicks, made while the screen recording goes on, to show up as a circle on the screen.
- Hit the red circle to start recording.
- To stop the screen recording, click on the Stop option.
- Now, go to the File tab and click on Save.
- Name the screen recording and save it.
Harry Williams is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.